Move over limp lettuce and soggy cucumber… we want delicious, filling, hearty magical salads, and, we want them now 🤣!
It’s no exaggeration to say that I’ve spent my whole adult life getting excited about making good salads. Whether I am serving people on retreats (I am a plant-based retreat chef) or teaching others how to make them during courses, I want my guests to feel inspired and satiated. I want my guests to go home feeling like salads never need be boring again.
In today’s article, I am sharing one of my favourite recipes for Beetroot Slaw with Tahini Dressing – it is a FREE tutorial from The Magical Life of Salads online course. I am sharing the love! With a little cauliflower and magic, it is one of the most delectable, vibrant salads you can imagine. Yet, as with most of my recipes, it is made with such simplicity and ease.
Magical Life of Salads Course
This is a free tutorial from my online course The Magical Life of Salads. I am posting it to give you a sneak peek of what is in store in the course. If you resonate with this recipe I would be super stoked if you took a look at the full course. I spent months filming and editing the course to bring you the best of the best! Most importantly, I have created recipes over 27 years of serving people good food. It is exceedingly good value.
The course is jam-packed with videos and recipes – pretty much everything you will need to take your plant-based salad-making to whole new levels of divine detectability. I’ve reduced the price to £25 to make it affordable for everyone.
Beetroot Slaw with Tahini Dressing is great for groups
This beetroot slaw has a gorgeous colour that manages to wow my guests every time I serve it. People are always saying ‘wow, I never have a clue what to do with beetroot, but this salad really hits the spot’ or ‘I never expected beetroot to taste this good in salad’.
For groups, you can simply increase the quantity of this slaw depending on your group size. Then serve it along with other dips and hearty salads from the course and you’ll be the most popular and well-loved cook in town!
Beetroot Slaw Video Tutorial
- 1 beetroot (tennis ball sized)
- 1 small cauliflower
- A tiny onion (optional)
- 30g raisins
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon shoyu or tamari
- A teaspoon of coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of water
- A teaspoon of finely grated ginger
- Grate the beetroot. Make sure the beetroot is clean and organic and then you can leave on the skin for extra goodness.
- Chop up the cauliflower into small pieces or break it into little florets.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Add the beetroot, cauliflower, onion, and raisins to your salad bowl.
- Make the tahini sauce by putting the tahini, vinegar, tamari, coconut sugar, water, and finely grated ginger into a little bowl.
- Mix all sauce ingredients with a metal spoon. You’ll notice that at first, the ingredients do not want to combine. Persist for 30 seconds to a minute and eventually, the ingredients will blend and create a thick creamy sauce. If it is too thick, add a dash more water to loosen.
- Mix the sauce with the rest of the salad thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or put in the fridge, covered until needed.
- This salad will also keep for up to three days in the fridge.