(Please also scroll down page to find meditations to download…)
Meditation for peace and calm…
Meditation for peace can help us to find inner stillness, a place from which we can deal with challenges more easily. It naturally helps to clear our energy field. Anybody can do it and contrary to popular belief there is no right or wrong way to practice it. One of the easiest, most instant methods is by using breath.
Focusing on the breath…
Focusing on the breath is an often overlooked, yet very powerful way of finding serenity in the storm. Focus on the breath has an incredible way of bringing us right into the present moment. It transports us to the here and now, unwinding and unraveling tension. Simply focusing on the breath takes you to a place of non-judgement, allowing you to see the world with fresh eyes. It helps us to take challenges in our stride as we feel the world around us from a place of peace and calm.
Deep inhale and just breathe!
Try this simple meditation for finding peace and calm:
- Close your eyes and inhale deeply. This creates a defined pause as you being to focus on your breath.
- Relax your shoulders. Let go of any tension through your body.
- Focus on the rhythmic rise and fall of your breath as you inhale and exhale fully. How does it feel as it infuses into your being. How does the void within feel as you empty yourself with each out-breath?
- On the out-breath, exhale any tension that you feeling.
- Allow your being to be filled with peace and calm.
- Feel yourself centering, balancing and becoming present.
- Carry on with your day from this space of calm, presence.
- Repeat as often as necessary.
Whenever you notice that you are stressed or have lost your centre, stop what you are doing and repeat the steps above. Before long it will become natural and effortless. You’ll feel a massive difference that will benefit yourself and those around you in so many ways. It may even change your life.