This smoothie is so incredibly delicious that I am enjoying it a few times a week at the moment. I started making up this particular blend to give myself a super infusion of nutrition. It contains some of the healthiest and nutritious plant-based foods on our planet.
Take for example moringa powder: it contains an impressive…
- 46 different antioxidants
- 18 amino acids (including all 9 essential amino acids)
- 10 times the vitamin A of carrots
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 17 times the calcium of cows milk
- 25 times the iron of spinach
For more on the health benefits of moringa, check out my article here:
Moringa – the superfood of superfoods
And then there’s maca…
Maca is an incredible plant, growing at extremely high altitudes (7000ft and above) in the Peruvian Mountains. It’s very hardy, with noteworthy adaptogenic properties. An adaptogen is something that helps you cope in stressful situations – physically, mentally and energetically.
Maca is well known for supporting and regulating the endocrine system in both men and women. The endocrine system is responsible for healthy functioning of hormones (which are essential for the regulation of energy levels, digestion, brain function, the nervous system, fertility and wellness in general). Many women have noticed that it helps to balance hormones, reducing menopausal and pre-menstrual symptoms, whilst men have observed that it helps support fertility and sexual functions.
Flax seeds to bring in a super dose of lignans and omega 3…
Flax seeds are a superb source of omega 3 essential fats (omega 3 has been shown to have healthy heart benefits).
Flax seeds also contain up to a whopping 800 times more lignans than other plant foods. Lignans are not only known for their antioxidant properties, but they also have powerful estrogen qualities, making them very supportive for hormone health.
Blueberries and Raspberries are ‘super’ fruits…
Not only do these colourful berries taste delicious, but they are also full of antioxidants, vitamin C and beneficial phytonutrients. These nutrients have been shown to help support health, protect against cancer and heart disease and have a massive list of health-affirming goodness; an excellent choice for a superfood smoothie (not to mention that gorgeous colour!).
The combination of all the ingredients in this smoothie make it deliciously nutritious…
Check out your local health food store for organic moringa powder.
Alternatively, if you can’t find any locally, then check out these Amazon links here:
Moringa powder online in the USA – Organic
Organic Moringa Powder (UK) – 500g (Certified Organic)
Moringa Superfood Smoothie with maca, flax seed and tahini
A superfood smoothie with moringa powder, maca, flax seed and organic berries. Rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Absolutely delicious.
- 125ml plant-based milk (½ cup)
- l large banana
- 60g frozen blueberries (½ cup)
- 60g fresh raspberries (½ cup)
- 1 heaped teaspoon moringa powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca
- 1 heaped teaspoon tahini
- Place all ingredients together in a jug for blending.
- Blend until creamy smoothie (add more water or plant-based milk if desired).
- Sprinkle with a little extra ground flax or fresh berries (optional).
- Best served immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- USA: Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder - Perfect for Smoothies, Drinks, Tea & Recipes - 100% Raw From India - 16oz Resealable Bag (1 Pound) - by Feel Good Organics
- USA: Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder, 16 Ounce
- UK: Organic Moringa Powder - 250g (Certified Organic)
- UK: Maca Organic Maca Powder 1kg
Trinity can you sub maca and what with
Hi Barbara – this still works fine if you leave the maca out too. I often add in hemp protein powder also.
Thanks sweetie, my morninga powder just arrived today . I ordered some for Joann and Charlie lol
Hey I’m berry impress whit the result of this product. Moringa , moringa maca.