Oh… my!!!! This Vegan Golden Milk Latte is possibly the most delicious thick creamy hug-in-a-mug ever! I’ve been making this for a while now. It’s a special method. Super easy mind you. I mean it could not get easier really.
All you need is some sort of a blender, a saucepan, and a few simple ingredients. Magic!
You can make this exceedingly thick and creamy if you want to (just add more cashew nuts). Alternatively, you can make it just regular thick and creamy. I like to vary things up.
The ingredients in this are said to be excellent for your immune system. Let’s have a little look at what I mean.
Turmeric is responsible for the vibrant yellow colour in this recipe. You will find reams of studies available on the benefits of turmeric. In addition, this impressive spice has also been used successfully in Ayurvedic and Chinese traditions for thousands of years.
Health benefits of turmeric in a nutshell…
- promotes healthy joint function
- encourages glowing, clear skin
- works as a powerful anti-inflammatory
- encourages a healthy heart
- improves memory
- supports the digestive system
- is a powerful antioxidant
Read all about turmeric here:
I am a huge fan of fresh ginger, adding it to my food on a daily basis. Not only does it give a nice spicy zing to this creamy golden milk but it also gives us a bunch of welcomed benefits.
Ginger has exceptional antioxidant content
Antioxidants are super important for us! In a nutshell, an antioxidant is a molecule that is able to inhibit the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is important to know about because it often produces free radicals. Free radicals then instigate a chain reaction that can damage cells. In extreme cases, this could lead to cancer. Antioxidants intervene by eliminating these free radicals and preventing damage. Ginger is literally loaded with antioxidants. Hallelujah! It blasts away invading organisms like there is no tomorrow.
You can read all about ginger here…
Special blender method for this thick vegan golden milk latte
In a moment of divine kitchen alchemy, I discovered the vegan latte blender methods by accident many moons ago. It is truly magical.
I am using cashew nuts and hempseed for super healthy fats. Did you know that when blended, these ingredients also act as a rather clever thickening agent? Who knew! First of all, you have to blend everything together in a blender. Next, you will heat it up in a pan. After that, you will give it a stir. Finally, after bringing it to a boil you will create the most delectable thick creamy vegan golden latte ever.
Are you ready to give it whirl?
- 50g cashews
- 1 cm cubed fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350ml water
- Twist of black pepper
- If you would like to swap some of the cashew nuts for shelled hempseeds then do so. I often use 50% cashew and 50% hempseed as an alternative. You can also swap the maple syrup for a heaped teaspoon of coconut sugar.
- There is no need to peel the ginger if it is organic, simply use it with the skin on.
- Put all ingredients into a blending jug.
- Blend for about 60 seconds if you are using a regular blender. If you have a high powered blender then you can blend for less time. You basically need to make sure everything is blended smoothly.
- Pour contents of the blending jug into a saucepan.
- Turn on the heat and bring the liquid to a boil. Be sure to stir to prevent it becoming lumpy as it heats up. The liquid will begin to thicken as the temperature gets higher.
- Once it starts to bubble, reduce to a simmer. Stir a few times, cooking for another minute or two.
- Serve hot right away.