Green smoothies! I am convinced that our brains are hardwired to instinctively recognize that green is good for thriving as a human being. Green-stuff is generally loaded with nutrients such as lutein, vitamin K, alpha-tocopherol, beta-carotene and lots of things associated with brain cognition and excellent health.
So when I see a green smoothie, I start to smile (and drool haha). It takes my brain a split second to think ‘yes please – I’ll take one!’.
Leafy vegetables contain a large amount of a green pigment called chlorophyll. Chlorophyll converts sunlight into energy in a process called photosynthesis – literally harnessing the light of the world whilst bringing you a rich antioxidant that acts against free radicals causing harm within your body.
I’ve partnered with PURA VIDA MORINGA – who produce the moringa products that I am thoroughly enjoying at the moment. I love that their product is organic and ethical. Their business was born from compassion and a desire to bring pure, ethical moringa products to the world. They harvest from a farm in the foothills of Nicaragua, whilst ensuring the highest quality product. You can check them out here: MoringaPowder.com
Moringa leaf powder is a very welcomed addition to my smoothies as it contains 46 known antioxidants (as well as a rich nutrient density). It’s an excellent way to make sure that you get a daily dose of high quality, concentrated greens in your diet.
Moringa is jam-packed with nutrients that have been shown to slow down the aging process, combat stress, create healthier skin, support bone health, lower cholesterol levels and help with vision (to name a few of the benefits). In conjunction with a healthy, plant-based diet, eating a healthy daily dose of greens in very beneficial for human health. I encourage everyone to eat fresh greens along with lunch and dinner. For those on the go, having a green smoothie means you can be sure your body is getting a rapid infusion of what it needs.
Health benefits of Moringa Leaf Powder
Moringa has the following benefits…
- is an antioxidant superstar
- is a complete plant-protein food with all essential amino acids
- has extraordinary cytokinin levels to delay the aging process
- has good lutein protection for healthy eyes
- can reduce blood pressure with beta-sitosterol
- offers antibacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-viral action
… and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Please read my full article here:
- 1 tablespoon moringa leaf powder
- 200ml water (filtered)
- 2 ripe bananas (medium size)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (hulled)
- 1 cm cubed fresh ginger
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 100g frozen pineapple (½ cup)
- 100g frozen mango (⅔ cup)
- Blend the moringa leaf powder, banana, hulled hemp seeds, ginger in the water until smooth.
- Blend in the baby spinach.
- Finally, add the frozen mango and pineapple to the blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- It can help to blend in stages, with the frozen fruit in the final stage to stop everything clumping together. You can, however, blend everything in one go if you have a super-powerful blender.
- Adjust water levels to your preferred consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MORE Moringa Recipes… Moringa Energy Balls – 3 Ways
If you are looking for recipes ideas with moringa leaf powder, then you will love these moringa energy ball recipes. There are three different, delicious ways to inspire you.
Pin for later…
Pura Vida Moringa: https://www.moringapowder.com
Research documents on moringa studies from PubMed:
Nutrient content of moringa: